In light of the State Government’s relaxations of COVID 19 restrictions on outdoor group activities, singles and doubles play is now permitted and CLTC has decided to open up our grass courts to Club Members for Saturday afternoon social play, starting this Saturday 2nd May.
Currently Courts 5, 6, 11 & 12 will be ready for play. All other grass courts are undergoing fungicidal treatment and will not be available for play.
Saturday play is planned to start at 2pm and finish at 4pm. There will be a limit of 16 players. Sets will be organised and last for 25 mins, with a 5 minute break in-between.
The Clubhouse will be closed, except for access to toilet facilities. Members entering the Clubhouse will be responsible for their own hygiene, however sanitizing materials will be available on the verandah and we encourage all Members to use sensible sanitising procedures at gate handles, padlocks, door handles etc. for cleaning each time they are used (see below guidelines from Tennis Australia). Members should bring their own refreshments as afternoon tea will not be provided. At this stage we cannot allow any socialising or congregating on the verandah or courts after play finishes. However, we will be looking to review this as and when the regulations change.
As we are currently limited to 16 players for Saturdays, places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Members interested in attending this Saturday are asked to register their names as soon as possible but no later than 5pm Thursday, either by:
- Registering your details under the May 2nd Social Tennis event under the Latest News, Upcoming Events section on our website at www.claremonttennis.com.au OR
- Emailing David Price at firstname.lastname@example.org OR
- Phoning Peta Grant on 0410 840 380
Members who request to play this Saturday but who miss out on playing, will be given priority of playing the following Saturday.
For those members wishing to play at other times, play on the grass courts is not permitted on Mondays, Thursday before 1:00pm or any time of day when dew or rain poses a risk to the court surfaces. We ask that you limit your playing time to less than two hours.
The synthetic courts and hard courts are also available for individual use. Bookings and enquiries for these courts should be sent through directly to Andre on 0478 524 382.
Small group coaching is also permitted (a maximum of 4 students on court with one coach). This may be on multiple courts if alternate courts are used.
Finally, we encourage you to read the following COVID-19 Community Tennis Guidelines for Play, issued by Tennis Australia.
- Touch racquets instead of the regular pre or post match handshakes
- Keep 1.5 metres away from other people while watching or attending a tennis activity.
- Sterilize your hands before and after you play and avoid touching your face while playing
- Do not share water bottles and bring your own full bottle
- Be aware of what surfaces you touch and if you touch the on-court equipment such as net, net handle, you must clean these before you leave.
Thank you all for making this system work.
We look forward to a full resumption of Club activities as soon as possible and getting the Club Championships underway! In the meantime, your patience is appreciated.